Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Widget HTML #1

Aceh's Resistance To Japan

Aceh's Resistance To Japan

Aceh's Resistance To Japan

The first resistance of the Indonesian people against the Japanese took place in Aceh.

The factor causing the emergence of the resistance of the Acehnese people against the Japanese was the arbitrary actions of the Japanese military which did not respect the lives of the Muslims there.

One of the Acehnese resistance figures against the Japanese was Teuku Abdul Jalil, who died in battle in November 1942.

However, this event did not end Aceh's resistance against the Japanese and the struggle was continued by Teuku Abdul Hamid Azwar.

The background of Aceh's resistance to Japan

Resistance from the people of Aceh has occurred since the beginning of the Japanese occupation of Indonesia, especially in Cot Plieng, Lhokseumawe.

The thing that motivated the resistance of the Acehnese people against the Japanese on November 10, 1942 was the arbitrary and immoral actions of the Japanese army.

In addition to imposing their will on the people, the Japanese army did not respect the lives of the Acehnese Muslims and freely got drunk and played with women.

One of the things that was forced was to do seikerei or pay respects to the east which was addressed to the god worshiped by the Japanese, namely the Sun God.

By Teuku Abdul Jalil, Japan is said to have changed the Qibla of Muslims, so that there was resistance supported by the people.

Teuku Abdul Jalil's fight

Teuku Abdul Jalil is a cleric as well as a pesantren leader who during the colonial period also taught his students about patriotism.

When the Dutch surrendered in 1942, Tengku Abdul Jalil was not easily swayed by the propaganda spread by the Japanese.

On the contrary, he was even more anti and hated the Japanese colonialists who behaved arbitrarily and caused great suffering to the people.

In July 1942, Tengku Abdul Jalil held a sermon with 400 of his followers, which at the same time voiced sharp criticism of the Japanese occupation.

The next day, he was immediately invited to appear before the Japanese police for so openly gathering forces to fight back.

However, the invitation was not fulfilled, thus making his relationship with Japan even sharper.

The climax was when a Japanese policeman named Hayasi came to pick up Tengku Abdul Jalil at Dayah Cot Plieng.

However, Hayasi actually ended up injured after forcing Tengku Abdul Jalil to stop speaking out against the Japanese.

Responding to this, on November 7, 1942, Japanese troops were deployed to capture Tengku Abdul Jalil.

Tengku Abdul Jalil managed to escape, even though his pesantren and mosque were burned by the Japanese.

After escaping the first battle, Tengku Abdul Jalil and his followers retreated to the Paya Kambok Mosque in Meurah Mulya District.

After three days, Japanese soldiers found him and then a battle ensued after Friday prayers.

The battle was won by the Japanese because Tengku Abdul Jalil's side lost in the number of troops or weapons.

Tengku Abdul Jalil himself died after being shot, while the battle which lasted until the end of November 1942 claimed hundreds of lives.

The end of Aceh's resistance to Japan

Although Tengku Abdul Jalil's resistance had not succeeded in weakening Japan's position, the hatred of the Acehnese towards Japan was increasingly widespread.

Another resistance occurred in Term Buya, Aceh, under the leadership of Teuku Abdul Hamid Azwar.

With the war spreading to various places, Japan was looking for ways to stop Teuku Abdul Hamid Azwar's resistance.

The Japanese captured all members of Teuku Abdul Hamid Azwar, who succeeded in ending the resistance in Aceh.

Post a Comment for "Aceh's Resistance To Japan"